My Days Are Ordained

Truth: The number of my days are already ordained, having been pre-determined by God.

Point: I might increase the quality of my life by how I live, but I can never increase the quantity of my days.

Remember: Each person is hurtling inexorably toward their day to step into eternity.

~

(expanded)

(NAS followed by the NIV)

(Ps 139:16)

Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance;
and in Thy book they were all written,
the days that were ordained for me,
when as yet there was not one of them.

Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

(Job 14:5)

Since his days are determined,
the number of his months is with Thee,
and his limits Thou has set
so that he cannot pass.

Man's days are determined;
you have decreed the number of his months
and have set limits he cannot exceed...

(Ps 39.4)

Lord, make me to know my end,
and what is the extent of my days,
Let me know how transient I am.

Show me, O LORD, my life's end
and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.

2 comments:

  1. He knows every day of my life. Ps. 139:16

    ReplyDelete
  2. These verses bring me such comfort! I hope to meditate on this 'refreshing' a bit more. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :)